Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is your definition of a true blackbelt?

I want to know what you think a true blackbelt is and tell me if you live up to the standers and give me examples.What is your definition of a true blackbelt?
A person who has learned their martial art fundamentals.


Knows him/her Self.


and


Has enough self discipline to not use martial arts except as a last resort self defense alternative.





';Know Thyself'; is the biggie (IMO)...


Martial arts may just be the tool used to attain this objective.What is your definition of a true blackbelt?
David N gave a nice answer! I did not see this question. When I saw it just now i was afraid I see someone say that a Black belt has mastered the basics, which is not true. A black belt has only begun their training and has only learned to do the basics. The real training starts at black belt.

Report Abuse



All you need to do is get a good enough mark in the grading to get a black belt. If you were still really bad then you are just a bad black belt. Even when you are black belt you still can and must keep training to: a. keep your knowledge of your moves. b. to refine your way of fighting. You will develop a slightly different style to the style that you are taught as you learn things that are more fitting to what you are comfortable with. That's how many different branches of martial arts like Wing Chun come up.
The person within.





Even though I train in a belt system I don't care much for the higher rank. Becoming a black belt is merely just the beginning but as my instructor has said, by being a true black belt you never stop training in mind, body, and spirit.





Then again... that is what you should do regardless of what martial art system you are in.





;-)
A true black belt is whatever his/her master says it is. Until I get to the point in my training where I'm a soke or master of my style, I choose not to second guess those who have earned that right.
someone who not only knows the techniques but can apply them under stressful situations and avoids a stressful situation so he doesn't HAVE to use his techniques.
Somebody who has learned all the basics and able to use them


to the full extent of their ability.
a blackbelt is a white belt who did not quit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment